Folsom Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Prepare Your Case with a Winning Team
Carichoff Law Group, P.C. in Folsom is known for taking on difficult cases and finding a steady path to victory. That is why so many motorcyclists in the area come to us for legal counsel and moral support after being in a wreck. We are poised to take on any legal challenge to your claim or lawsuit, so you can confidently pursue the largest amount of compensation available to you.
Why pick our Folsom motorcycle accident attorneys for your case?
- 20+ years of legal experience
- Millions of dollars recovered for past clients
- Willing to take cases to trial
- Led by the award-winning Attorney Carichoff
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents?
Thousands of motorcyclists are injured on the roads of America every year. While some of these crashes are single-vehicle accidents that are caused by the rider’s own mistakes, many more are caused by the negligence of another motorist or even that of a completely separate party. Our law firm is equipped to handle your motorcycle accident claim, no matter what caused your wreck.
Motorcycle accidents are commonly caused by:
- Negligent drivers: Motorists who are not paying enough attention to the road tend to completely miss motorcyclists. Even when they look right at one, they don’t register that the smaller vehicle is there. This inattention causes thousands of motorcycle accidents each year.
- Defective parts: A defective motorcycle part can cause a wreck in an instant, such as a tire that bursts or brakes that fail. In such an accident, the motorcycle part manufacturer might be liable for the damages.
- Damaged roads: You could find yourself suing a municipality or local department of transportation if your motorcycle accident was caused by a dangerous road condition, such as a massive pothole.
Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are vulnerable to catastrophic injuries due to their lack of outer protection. This is why a motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries, even when it occurs at a low speed.
People who are injured in a motorcycle accident often suffer:
- Brain injuries: Even with a helmet on, a motorcyclist can suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) from being tossed off their ride and onto the road.
- Road rash: A motorcyclist who skids over the asphalt can suffer road rash, which can be fatal if untreated.
- Spine injuries: A devastating motorcycle accident can cause a spine injury, including temporary or permanent paralysis.
The compensation that you demand from the liable party needs to reflect the true extent of your injuries, which includes past and future damages. We know how to calculate your medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, mental suffering, and more, so you can get as much compensation as possible.
Can You Recover Compensation If You Were Partially at Fault?
A motorcyclist might be partially at fault for a wreck if they were not wearing a helmet when they crashed, or if they swerved in front of a driver but did not leave enough room for them to slow down or stop. In California, you can still pursue compensation if you are partially at fault for your injuries. Under the state’s pure comparative negligence rule, you can recover damages from any party that is at least 1% liable for the accident. The damages you are awarded will be reduced by your liability percentage, though, so it is still best for you if your liability remains low or at an ideal 0%.
We are Here to Help – Contact Us at Any Time
Our motorcycle accident attorney in Folsom is standing by to help you if you were in a crash that someone else caused. We are proud to stand by local motorcyclists in their times of need. When the insurance companies give you a hard time and the liable party tries to blame you, we can be there to protect your right to compensation, uphold your good reputation as a responsible rider, and provide compassionate support when it counts.
Call (916) 471-6098 now to speak with our motorcycle accident lawyer in Folsom.