Folsom Truck Accident Lawyer
Bringing Claims Against Large Trucking Companies
Do not wait to call (916) 471-6098 after being in a truck accident on the highways and roads of Folsom, like the busy Route 50. Carichoff Law Group, P.C. and our truck accident team can help you understand your rights and file a claim for compensation. We are dedicated to making your life easier by managing all facets of your case, allowing you the time you need to rest and recover.
Arrange your no-cost initial consultation with our Folsom truck accident attorney today.
Who is Liable for a Trucking Accident?
A trucking accident is not always caused by a single incident of negligence. Instead, many points of negligence can culminate into a crash that would have been preventable had more people involved with the truck’s operation been reasonably careful.
Parties that could be liable for your truck accident include:
- Truck driver: The truck driver who caused the crash might be the primary defendant, especially if they are an independent contractor who has purchased their own commercial truck insurance.
- Trucking company: The trucking company who hired the truck driver could be liable if they are an employee, or if the company had negligent hiring practices, such as hiring someone who does not have a commercial driver’s license.
- Maintenance company: Commercial trucks need regular maintenance. If a maintenance company fails to make necessary repairs and a crash happens due to a part failure, then that company could be liable.
- Load company: Third-party companies usually load and unload commercial trailers, not anyone directly employed by the trucking company. A crash caused by a load issue puts the blame on that load company in some cases.
Severe Injuries Common to Truck Accident Cases
The giant size and weight of a big rig can cause catastrophic injuries suffered by anyone involved. We know that we will need to carefully calculate your damages and make certain they are representative of the true extent of your injuries.
People who are hurt in truck accidents often suffer:
- Broken bones
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Permanent disfigurement
Our truck accident attorney in Folsom can provide legal counsel if you lost a loved one in a truck accident, too. Under these circumstances, you would be filing a wrongful death claim, which is similar but not entirely the same.
Damages You Can Get in Truck Accident Lawsuit
The damages that you might be able to get from a truck accident claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical bills: All of your medical treatments related to your injuries should be paid for by the liable party, including those that will be necessary far into the future.
- Lost wages: If you missed work due to your injuries, then you can be compensated for those lost wages. You can also sue for the money you won’t be able to earn in the future due to your new disabilities.
- Permanent disability: Damages related to living with a permanent disability can factor into your claim’s value, such as the hardships of day-to-day struggles and the cost to modify your living space to accommodate your disabilities.
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish can be factored into your claim as forms of non-economic damages.
Take the Fight to the Defendant – Call Us Now
Time to start your truck accident claim with the help of Carichoff Law Group, P.C. in Folsom. We have helped so many clients throughout the years with cases much like yours. Trust in our experience and track record of success to elevate your case to new heights. The defending trucking and insurance companies will be shocked that you teamed up with such a powerful legal team!
For more information about filing a case, dial (916) 471-6098 at any time to speak with our truck accident lawyer in Folsom.