Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Sacramento
Fighting for the Rights of Victims in California
Motorcycle accidents can be incredibly devastating due to the inherent lack of protection provided by these iconic rides. As such, it is crucial for other drivers on the road to respectfully share the road with motorcyclists and to not engage in any negligent behavior that could result in a terrible accident.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another party’s negligence you might be entitled to compensation that could cover your medical costs, lost time from work, missed wages, and pain and suffering. However, you will need a skilled personal injury attorney on your side to diligently fight on your behalf. At Carichoff Law Group, P.C., our Sacramento legal team has more than 19 years of experience in representing injured clients and would be honored to do the same for you.
Get started today and call us at (916) 471-6098 to schedule a free consultation!
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles on the road and, when other drivers are unaware of their surroundings or distracted, this can lead to a serious accident. Below are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Human error: More often than not, fellow drivers on the road are the cause of motorcycle accidents. One of the most frequently occurring accident happens when a vehicle turns in front of a motorcycle and either collides into it while changing lanes or crashes into the motorcyclist at a stop light. This generally occurs as a result of inattention, blind spots, and distractions. Additionally, most drivers are typically not looking out for motorcycles and, therefore, easily miss them.
- Defective or faulty equipment: In some cases, drivers might not be at fault. If vehicle defects were overlooked by the manufacturer, this could ultimately result in an accident.
- Dangerous conditions: Road conditions are not always ideal. Poorly maintained roads, leans and spills, improperly engineered streets, and inclement weather can all play a part in creating the perfect storm for an accident, especially if other drivers on the road are not paying attention or are driving recklessly.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), at least 90,000 motorcyclists sustain injuries in accidents every year.
Pursuing Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
If you were in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligent actions, you might be able to recover damages with the assistance of a skilled personal injury attorney. Below is some of what you might be able to obtain compensation for:
- Medical expenses: These types of accidents often result in severe injuries for which you will need medical treatment. Due to the serious nature of these accidents, victims tend to face costly medical bills for hospital stays, surgical procedures, doctor visits, diagnostic tests, and rehabilitative therapy. You could be compensated not only for your present medical costs, but future costs as well.
- Pain and suffering: Motorcycle accident victims can be compensated not only for the financial costs of their injuries, but also for the pain they are forced to endure as a result of the accident. In order to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries, you will need the help of an attorney who is experienced in handling such cases. At Carichoff Law Group, P.C., we can provide the experienced and knowledgeable representation you will need at this time.
- Lost wages: Of course, after sustaining severe injuries, it is unlikely that you will be able to return to work for quite some time. Even if you used sick leave or vacation time to recover, you could be reimbursed. If the injuries you suffered end up leaving you permanently disabled, you can be compensated for this as well.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages do not exist in every case and are usually rare in motorcycle accidents. However, if the driver who caused the crash was inebriated while driving or motivated by road rage, punitive damages might be applied.
Choose a Skilled Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Sacramento Today!
If you were recently injured in a motorcycle accident, you might feel overwhelmed and even traumatized by the event itself. Do not let the at-fault party’s insurance company take advantage of you. Instead, work with a trusted and experienced personal injury attorney to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you deserve. At Carichoff Law Group, P.C., we provide the personalized representation that is necessary to effectively handle these cases.
You should not have to suffer in silence. Contact our office today at (916) 471-6098 to schedule a free consultation.